Meet Michele Lazarow
In more than three decades as a resident of Hallandale Beach, I have watched our sleepy beach community grow into a thriving metropolitan city.
My family moved to Hallandale Beach in 1980. I attended Hallandale High School, and, after college in New York City, returned to South Florida for good, to be with my family. My mother, Phyllis Lazarow, has owned a successful salon on Hallandale Beach Boulevard for 25 years. During this time, she has earned a reputation as a hard-working, community-minded small business owner.
After purchasing my Venetian Park home in 2001, I followed my mother’s lead and opened my business, Absolutely Fabulous, on the street formerly known as “Shmata Row,” now evolved into the Fashion Art District. Through my shop, I’ve met countless community members, first as customers and ultimately as friends. Read More....
- Hallandale paves way for 38-story condo on beach
- Hallandale to dump red-light cameras
- Hallandale finds allies amid aggressive response to county’s request for CRA documents
- Meet the Good Government Initiative Class III
- Hallandale commission fires CRA boss; abrupt move avoids airing “dirty laundry,” mayor says
- Broward Inspector General slams Hallandale for “gross mismanagement”
Michele in the News
- Florida Cities Aim to Ban Sales of Dogs and Cats
- Best Friends helps lawmaker implement big changes for Florida puppy mill dogs.
- Sunrise plans to join crackdown on puppy mills, pet stores
- Council bans shop sales of dogs, cats
- City takes up guardianship abuse and puppy mills
- Hallandale hesitates on $300,000 marquee welcome sign
- Margate bans sale of cats and dogs
- Hallandale Beach commissioners reject call for new legal opinion on spending